Welcome to KENT, Canterbury & London Minibreak
Our campus is part of Christ Church University, arguably the most important University in Kent and just a ten-minute walk from the Cathedral. Breakfast and dinner is served in the hall of residence while lunch is provided in the main building where lessons take place. The main building is just a six-minute walk from the accommodation. Other facilities include a sports hall and a sports centre, coffee shops and common areas.
General Information About Summer School
|Location||Christ Church University , London|
|Ages||11 – 17|
|Classes||Maximum class size 15 students|
|Tuition||Summer School Programme – 20 lessons per week|
|Accommodation||En-suite accommodation single/twin rooms|
|Activities||London, Cambridge and Canterbury|
|Duration||2 weeks or 3 weeks|
|Insurance||Be covered by Reform Consultancy|
|Transfer||Be covered by Reform Consultancy|
- Lessons are taught by qualified English teachers.
- 20 x 45 minute lessons per week, morning or afternoon.
- Placement test on day 1 to ensure students are in a class of the appropriate level.
- Spacious classrooms with projectors.
- Maximum 15 students per class.
- Course material is included.
- Curriculum with emphasis on communication skills.
- Trinity exams preparation is available.
- Students stay in single en-suite rooms, arranged in flats of 2 to 6 students
- There is a communal room for each flat with a kitchen
- All rooms are furnished with a wardrobe, desk and chair
- Rooms are cleaned weekly
- Bed linen is included and changed every week
- Laundry service is available in Longbridge House for a small fee
- Wi-Fi throughout the campus and accommodation
Activities and Excursions
On-site activities are scheduled occasionally when students are not in class or out exploring London, with full-day excursions at the weekend. All activities are designed to continue learning in a fun and enjoyable way, encouraging students to develop life skills and make new friends through sport, activities and socially interactive games.
Treasure Hunt, Karaoke, Disco, Quiz or different sports such as Mini Olympics or Football
Our students get to explore exciting places around London every weekday, they visit places such as The British Museum, St Paul’s Cathedral, Tower of London, Oxford street shopping and The National Gallery
Brighton: Enjoy this vibrant and popular seaside resort with beautiful architecture and a visit to the Sea Life Centre.
Canterbury: Visit this UNESCO World Heritage Site, one of the most visited cities in the UK. Marvel at the gothic architecture of Canterbury Cathedral and medieval buildings.
Cambridge: Explore this iconic university city, famous for its renowned colleges and visit King’s College.
Classrooms: Modern and well-equipped with audio-visual facilities.
Sports Facilities: Multi-purpose sports hall, outdoor gym, basketball court and AstroTurf football pitch.
Meals: There is a self-service buffet in “The Edge”, an on-site restaurant / dining hall
Common Room: Each flat has its own common area.
Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi available throughout the campus and accommodation area.
Travel times to the nearest airports
|(LGW) London Gatwick Airport||1 hr|
|(LHR) London Heathrow Airport||1 hr and 30 mins|
|(STN) Stansted Airport||50 mins|
|(LTN) Luton Airport||1 hr 15 mins|