Welcome to LONDON, Docklands-University of East London
Our centre is located at the campus of the University of East London Docklands, by the famous river Thames and London Stadium, the home of West Ham FC and 2012 Olympics.
From the modern residence buildings, you’ll get a great view of London’s iconic skyline and you can enjoy easy access to public transport when you want to explore the sights.
General Information About Summer School
|Location||University of East London, London|
|Ages||11 – 17|
|Classes||Maximum class size 15 students|
|Tuition||Summer School Programme – 20 lessons per week|
|Accommodation||Single en-suite rooms|
|Activities||Brighton, Cambridge and Canterbury|
|Duration||2 weeks or 3 weeks|
|Insurance||Be covered by Reform Consultancy|
|Transfer||Be covered by Reform Consultancy|
- Lessons are taught by qualified English teachers.
- 20 x 45 minute lessons per week, morning or afternoon.
- Placement test on day 1 to ensure students are in a class of the appropriate level.
- Spacious classrooms with projectors.
- Maximum 15 students per class.
- Course material is included.
- Curriculum with emphasis on communication skills.
- Students stay in single en-suite rooms, arranged in flats of 2 to 6 students
- There is a communal room for each flat with a kitchen
- All rooms are furnished with a wardrobe, desk and chair
- Rooms are cleaned weekly
- Bed linen is included and changed every week
- Laundry service is available in Longbridge House for a small fee
- Wi-Fi throughout the campus and accommodation
Activities and Excursions
On-site activities are scheduled occasionally when students are not in class or out exploring London, with full-day excursions at the weekend. All activities are designed to continue learning in a fun and enjoyable way, encouraging students to develop life skills and make new friends through sport, activities and socially interactive games.
Treasure Hunt, Karaoke, Disco, Quiz or different sports such as Mini Olympics or Football
Our students get to explore exciting places around London every weekday, they visit places such as The British Museum, St Paul’s Cathedral, Tower of London, Oxford street shopping and The National Gallery
Brighton: Enjoy this vibrant and popular seaside resort with beautiful architecture and a visit to the Sea Life Centre.
Canterbury: Visit this UNESCO World Heritage Site, one of the most visited cities in the UK. Marvel at the gothic architecture of Canterbury Cathedral and medieval buildings.
Cambridge: Explore this iconic university city, famous for its renowned colleges and visit King’s College.
Classrooms: Modern and well-equipped with audio-visual facilities.
Sports Facilities: Multi-purpose sports hall, outdoor gym, basketball court and AstroTurf football pitch.
Meals: There is a self-service buffet in “The Edge”, an on-site restaurant / dining hall
Common Room: Each flat has its own common area.
Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi available throughout the campus and accommodation area.
Travel times to the nearest airports
|(LGW) London Gatwick Airport||1 hr|
|(LHR) London Heathrow Airport||1 hr and 30 mins|
|(STN) Stansted Airport||50 mins|
|(LTN) Luton Airport||1 hr 15 mins|