Welcome to LONDON, Digby College – Richmond
Digby Stuart College is part of Roehampton University, one of the top English universities known for its excellent academic facilities. The campus is a combination of old and modern style, surrounded by a large park and artificial pond. Accommodation is available as standard or en-suite rooms, and students have their own chill out space for use during the days and evenings. London city centre is just 15 minutes away by tube.
General Information About Summer School
|Location||Digby College – Richmond – London|
|Ages||10 – 17|
|Classes||Maximum class size 15 students|
|Tuition||Summer School Programme – 20 lessons per week|
|Accommodation||En-suite accommodation single/twin rooms|
|Activities||Canterbury, Cambridge and Brighton|
|Duration||2 weeks or 3 weeks|
|Insurance||Be covered by Reform Consultancy|
|Transfer||Be covered by Reform Consultancy|
- Lessons are taught by qualified English teachers
- 20 x 45-minute lessons per week, morning or afternoon
- Placement test on day 1 to ensure students are in a class of the appropriate level
- Spacious and modern classrooms with interactive whiteboards
- Maximum of 15 students per class
- Course material is included
- Curriculum with an emphasis on communication skills.
- Students stay at Digby College in en-suite single or multi-bedded rooms
- All rooms are furnished with bunk beds, dressers and storage cupboards
- Rooms and common areas are cleaned weekly
- Bed linen is provided and changed weekly. Towels are provided but students need to bring their own beach towel
- Laundry is available in the residence for a small fee
- Meals are served in the on-site canteen at St Martin’s College, packed lunches are provided at weekends for excursions
- Wi-fi throughout the campus and in bedrooms.
Activities and Excursions
On-site activities are scheduled occasionally when students are not in class or out exploring London, with full-day excursions at the weekend. All activities are designed to continue learning in a fun and enjoyable way, encouraging students to develop life skills and make new friends through sports, activities and socially interactive games
Treasure Hunt, Karaoke, Disco, Quiz or different sports such as Mini Olympics or Football.
Our students get to explore exciting places around London 5 times a week, they visit places such as The British Museum, The Museum of London, Tower Bridge experience, Thames River cruise and The National Gallery. Oxford Street shopping and Hyde Park, Buckingham Palace, Tower Bridge, Comdan Town.
Brighton: Enjoy this vibrant and popular seaside resort with beautiful architecture and visit the Sea Life Centre.
Canterbury: Visit this UNESCO World Heritage Site, one of the most visited cities in the UK. Marvel at the gothic architecture of Canterbury Cathedral and medieval buildings.
Cambridge: Explore this iconic university city, famous for its renowned colleges. A visit to King’s College is included.
Classrooms: Modern classrooms with projectors and audio-visual facilities.
Sports Facilities: Indoor multi-purpose sports hall available once a week, and a local park used for games and activities.
Dining Hall: Meals are served in a large self-service dining hall.
Common Room: Communal space in each flat.
Wi-Fi: Available throughout accommodation, social and teaching spaces.
Travel times to the nearest airports
|(LGW) London Gatwick Airport||1 hr 10 mins|
|(LHR) London Heathrow Airport||45 mins|
|(STN) Stansted Airport||1 hr 30 mins|
|(LTN) Luton Airport||1 hr 30 mins|
Travel times to the nearest train station
|St Pancras International (Eurostar)||20 mins|