Welcome to Embassy South Bank
Our centre is located on the campus of South Bank University, only a short walk from attractions like the London Eye and the London Dungeon. The location couldn’t be more central! You’ll be staying at McLaren House, just a couple of minutes from the main university building. Everything you could wish to see is only a short walk or underground ride away.
General Information About Summer School
|Location||South Bank University – London|
|Ages||13 – 21|
|Classes||Maximum class size 15 students|
|Tuition||Summer School Programme – 20 lessons per week|
|Accommodation||Single en-suite rooms|
|Activities||Canterbury, Cambridge and Brighton|
|Duration||2 weeks or 3 weeks|
|Insurance||Be covered by Reform Consultancy|
|Transfer||Be covered by Reform Consultancy|
- Lessons are taught by qualified English teachers.
- 20 x 45 minute lessons per week, morning or afternoon.
- Placement test on day 1 to ensure students are in a class of the appropriate level.
- Spacious, modern classrooms with projectors.
- Maximum 15 students per class.
- Course materials are included.
- Curriculum with emphasis on communication skills.
- Students are staying in single en-suite rooms in flats of 5 to 8 with a communal space and kitchen.
- All rooms are furnished with a wardrobe, desk and chair.
- Rooms are cleaned weekly.,
- Bed linen and towels are included and changed every week.
- Laundry service is available in the residence area.
- Meals are served in a large self-service dining hall.
- Wi-Fi access throughout the accommodation.
Activities and Excursions
On-site activities are scheduled occasionally when students are not in class or out exploring London, with full-day excursions at the weekend. All activities are designed to continue learning in a fun and enjoyable way, encouraging students to develop life skills and make new friends through sports, activities and socially interactive games
Treasure Hunt, Karaoke, Disco, Quiz or different sports such as Mini Olympics or Football.
Our students get to explore exciting places around London 5 times a week, they visit places such as The British Museum, The Museum of London, Tower Bridge experience, Thames River cruise and The National Gallery.
Brighton: Enjoy this vibrant and popular seaside resort with beautiful architecture and visit the Sea Life Centre.
Canterbury: Visit this UNESCO World Heritage Site, one of the most visited cities in the UK. Marvel at the gothic architecture of Canterbury Cathedral and medieval buildings.
Cambridge: Explore this iconic university city, famous for its renowned colleges. A visit to King’s College is included.
Classrooms: Modern classrooms with projectors and audio-visual facilities.
Sports Facilities: Indoor multi-purpose sports hall available once a week, and a local park used for games and activities.
Dining Hall: Meals are served in a large self-service dining hall.
Common Room: Communal space in each flat.
Wi-Fi: Available throughout accommodation, social and teaching spaces.
Travel times to the nearest airports
|(LGW) London Gatwick Airport||1 hr 10 mins|
|(LHR) London Heathrow Airport||45 mins|
|(STN) Stansted Airport||1 hr 30 mins|
|(LTN) Luton Airport||1 hr 30 mins|
Travel times to the nearest train station
|St Pancras International (Eurostar)||20 mins|